Surface Media is a storytelling company that looks at the world through the lens of design. It includes print magazines Surface and Watch Journal; digital platforms at surfacemag.com and watchjournal.com; a custom publishing division, Surface Studios; a designer focused representation agency, Culture+Commerce; and a highly regarded event program including the Design Dialogues series. Surface is launching several new initiatives and is looking for creative and motivated individuals to join its growing team. Watch Journal celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2017 and Surface magazine is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2018.
Digital Marketing Manager Role
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for leveraging content to generate significant visibility for Surface Media channels. With a focus on developing digital marketing strategies, they will gain attention from desired brand partners, increase traffic to our digital platforms, and oversee the content and management of newsletters.
- Oversee all digital, email, and social media campaigns
- Create, maintain, and implement digital marketing and editorial calendars
- Maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging
- Develop marketing concepts for brand partnerships in conjunction with the the partnerships team
- Manage Audience and search strategy (SEM, SEO, affiliation, paid social)
- Analyze, measure, and report on the success of marketing campaigns using KPIs to ensure efforts have yielded significant results
- Manage all website marketing content
- Work closely with Partnerships teams on preparation of proposals, pitch decks, and any other marketing materials as needed
- Create compelling case studies as needed to show value and results of working with Surface Media
- Integrate Salesforce and other CRM platforms within the digital strategy and execution
- Handle all other digital marketing tasks as assigned
- Work to create a robust social media strategy informed by goals of marketing, partnerships, and editorial teams that will consistently grow traffic and engagement
- Create and maintain a social media calendar and posting schedule with input from all areas of company
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that optimize Surface Media’s social media accounts including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram for growing and engaging audience
- Work closely with editorial team on content marketing efforts and integrating editorial promotion within overall plan
- Oversee all social media platforms for Surface Media and engage in conversations and answer questions as needed/appropriate on these platforms
- Propose and manage social budget and analyze, plan, execute, and optimize paid advertising
Tracking, Measurement, List Management:
- Monitor, track and generate reporting for Surfacemag.com and e-mail campaigns and provide ongoing, proactive learnings and optimization opportunities to marketing team.
- Oversee the tracking and creation of digital clips for all media placements related to brand partner collaborations (print, digital, and broadcast)
- Create regular reports with all placements and executive summary of results
- Create and manage contact lists for digital campaigns including collaboration launches, events, and general agency announcements
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7 years experience in marketing; 3+ years of digital marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, or related field.
- Understanding of PPC, SEO & SEM.
- Marketing channels expertise
- A mix of creativity and analytical abilities.
- Good copy and visual storytelling abilities
TO APPLY: submit resume/CV, cover letter, and salary requirements