For 25 years, Surface has produced thought-provoking content on architecture, art, design, fashion, and culture. We look at the world through the lens of design, reaching creative professionals who are educated, affluent, and influential. We set the standard for quality across a vast range of creative disciplines and industries. Surface Media is a holding company for designed focused media brands across print, digital, and experiential. We offer a clean aesthetic and incisive writing with an emphasis on process and craftsmanship. A compass for today’s creative leaders and a barometer for what’s new and what’s next, our content offers daily news updates, in-depth stories of leading thinkers and trends, events coverage, engaging videos and more.
The Revenue Operations Lead of Surface Media reporting to the CEO/President is a member of the Executive Leadership Team of the company, will be responsible for revenue operations across all Surface Media assets including print, digital, and experiential. The Revenue Operations Lead will be directly responsible for managing the digital ad operations, programmatic operations, print campaign production and events sponsorship executions. The Revenue Operations Lead will work with the Executive Leadership Team to define team goals, KPIs and objective for the revenue operations organization and will then be responsible to meet and exceed them. The Revenue Operations Lead will work closely with Marketing, Audience Development and Revenue Operations teams as well as Content and Events leads to ensure business success.
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to define business goals, KPIs and revenue operations objective
- Develop Revenue Operations process, procedures and documentations to ensure all campaigns are delivered to the letter of the I/O, ensuring customer success.
- Create accountability within the team by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics to drive performance
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales, and Audience Development teams to ensure there is a smooth and efficient process for campaign execution across print, digital and experiential.
- Define and optimize the Ad Tech and Programmatic stack.
- Define yield optimization metrics and set KPIs against growth and performance.
- Create a internal facing and client facing reporting system and process to ensure business and client visibility into campaign reporting across print, digital and experiential.
- Develop and implement robust revenue operations management processes and platform configuration to ensure seamless execution and a high degree of automation – CRM, OMS, Billing.
- Work with the Audience Development team to ensure the needed traffic is available to deliver on digital campaigns.
- The right candidate will have 6+ years specifically in ad operations and has led a team of 6 or more in the digital publisher and media environment.
- The right candidate will have experience in digital ad operations and trafficking and programmatic.
- It’s a significant plus if a candidate has experience in experiential and/or print.
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Passion – for the company’s mission
- Highly energetic personality – a motivator
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling work being done
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Communication Skills – Strong written and verbal communications skills, an innate ability to channel different points of view; able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives.
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; able to operate independently of a large staff
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior