Surface Media is a storytelling company that looks at the world through the lens of design. It includes print magazines Surface and Watch Journal; a digital platform at surfacemag.com; a custom publishing division, Surface Studios; and a highly regarded events program. Surface is launching several new initiatives and is looking for creative and motivated individuals to join its growing team. Watch Journal celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2017 and Surface magazine is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2018.
Director of Partnerships Overview:
The Manager of Partnerships reports to the VP, Business Development and is responsible for representing the Surface Media product suite including: Surfacemag.com, Surface magazine, Watchjournal.com, Watch Journal and relevant programs. We are looking for a proven and strategic sales professional who has built significant partnerships across editorial properties, branded content, and social, while leveraging audience insights/data. We currently have opportunities available for media sales professionals with demonstrated relationships and established books of business in the Auto & Tech/Wine & Spirits, Fashion & Luxury, Home & Deisgn industries and experience selling across all media channels, particularly with strong digital experience.
- Increase sales and drive revenue with new and existing clients for all revenue streams: digital, print, events, newsletter and social
- Proactively prospect, qualify, and grow accounts by developing strong and profitable relationships with client and agency partners, delivering industry-leading levels of creativity and customer service
- Execute and deliver creative, thoughtful and competitive responses to RFPs
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreements
- Effectively manage your client management pipeline and close expected number of deals to reach revenue target
- Ensure clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Closely coordinate sales activities with assigned sales coordinator, delegating tasks where appropriate in order to maintain 80% weekly selling time
- Coordinate sales activities internally, maximize available resources, identify outsourcing opportunities
- Remain fluent in all research marketing tools, computer applications, and contact management tools including MediaRadar
- Comply with rate schedules, production procedures, accounting procedures, credit policies, and deadlines
- Passion for design
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years experience selling across multimedia platforms
- $1 million in proven portfolio performance
- Ability to develop and manage a consistent sales pipeline and a proven track record of exceeding goals
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A leading work ethic and a competitive instinct to win
- A natural ability to sell and build relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Please indicate which industry vertical on all applications. Include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.